LD3 Leak detector always closed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

certain_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got around to hooking up my LD-3 that came with my Apex A3 Pro, it is sitting in a currently dry location in my sump, on a glossy white surface. I have also confirmed that it is completely dry and free of salt creep or any debris.

Since hooking it up it has consistently triggered the warning alarm that I have set it up to trigger when "closed". I have verified that the FFM (Apex A3 Pro) is correctly configured in the "water on floor" setting as well as confirmed that the port is fully inserted into the Apex module. All firmware is also up to date.

Has anyone else had this issue where the LD3 reads Closed all the time even when dry? Anything I can additionally try to see if this can be fixed?

OP
OP
certain_code

certain_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Failed to mention that I also have the LLM connected to the A3 and that is working as expected. Here are some screenshots showing the setup and everything that I am seeing (or maybe missing?)

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 2.30.30 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 2.30.37 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 2.30.48 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 2.30.59 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 2.31.09 PM.png

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently added the same LD-3 leak sensor (having upgrade from the older, flat model) and it has consistently remained "open" (dry) - aside from one time the fish splashed an ungodly amount of water over the side of the tank onto it.

I wonder if you have a defective unit? I'd put a support ticket into Neptune to get the ball rolling in the event you need to have it replaced.

Tangdora

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever figured out your issue. My seasor that only 3 months old is now stuck closed after tripping the other day from a small spill will not go back to open even after sitting out to dry unplugged for a day.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back