WTT or WTB CoralVue Hydros for Neptune Apex stuff

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a brand new Apex controller A3, new in box, never opened. I am also parting ways with my Apex Neptune equipment, as I would like to try something new.

I will trade anyone with a new or open box CoralVue Hydros that has at least temp and pH sensors. Local trade to DFW area only.

If you want to trade other Neptune items, I will trade or sell

1x Apex EL with 2x EB832 (one has a short in it)
1x Apex ATO and PMUP
1x 1Link Controller with PMUP and 12v solenoid
2x DOS pumps (I have the extra for a backup and works fine, used for AWC)
1x Apex Neptune Trident
1x Apex AFS
4-5x leak sensors, some new and never opened
2x flow sensors, one is 1" and one is 1/4"

If you want to trade, Hydros controllers and related accessories only. If you want to buy, name a price and pay for UPS or pickup in Plano. Will sell or donate to the trash by 6/1

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have anything I want to part with but I do use the PMUP pumps on my force ports of my Kraken at my mixing station. I have three of them and got the Microfit 3.0 connectors used with them from Mouser and made the cables to connect to the force ports. Not sure if a Kraken is on the list of controllers you are getting but if so and you are good at DIY you can get it to work if it is something you may need.

OP
OP
OfficeReefer

OfficeReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info @n2585722. The Kraken is nice. I have not considered this and generally buy everything the vendor has in the line up. I noticed they have a pump and a wifi outlet, should do the trick with the solenoid. I have not thought about the water change but the DOS is a slow train for sure.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently doing water changes with the Minnow which has 2 dosing pumps and is a newly released controller. About the most I do in a day is 1.3 gallons and I have it split into 4 changes during the day. The Minnow is what they call a smart doser and can be run a multiple flow rates and can run in either direction depending on what is in the schedule you have set up. With those you have to use a dosing schedule to do the water changes. They do have a AWC output type that controls the fill and drain pump and the ATO pump. It uses the same sensor for both ATO and AWC. You can use either a low level sensor for a drain stop or you can run it for a specific time. With that output you can choose the pumps you want as long as they will run when powered. I used Intllab pumps for the drain and fill since my tank is 35ft away from the pumps in the garage and dosing pump are about all that will pump up through the attic and down to the tank and back. So you have more than one way to do AWC with Hydros. I use a Hydros simple doser for ATO and it is also in the garage. Not sure whay you would need a solenoid on ATO or AWC. The ATO output also has a setting for maximum on time and you can set it so it will not run past the max on time so if it runs that long it will stop and send an alert. It also has a maximum off time setting but that will only send an alert if there is not a top off done in the time set. Since I use a dosing pump I have my limits set in minutes. Below is screenshots of my ATO setup. it is all on one page where you can scroll up and down but it took three screen shots to get it all in. The input 42g sump level is the water level sensor that normally turns it on and off. The other 4 inputs will have to be active also for it to turn on the way I have it setup.

IMG_0937.png

IMG_0938.png

IMG_0939.png

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back