Neptune Systems Apex or Hydros controller, which is better?

SunnyJohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am tired of manually doing maintenance on my aquarium. It is a pain in the butt and I would like to ease off on hands on stuff. I saw that there are controllers out there that allows you to connect all of your equipment into one controller and control them through an app. Unfortunately, I am not sure which to choose. An Apex or a Hydros. What is easier to control, set-up, and convenient? I would like some advice from experienced hobbyist that has messed around with controllers and would love to hear the opinions out there!

tmccaff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That be cool if you can find that info. I asked for feature request of Fan Speed control which be nice feature I would assume you could use 0-10v port for that.

Upvote 0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upvote 0

Moonraker76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GHL has ION Director. and Kh Director both very good. Trident Apex has had issues or they fix it? Hydros can use mastertronic, alkatronic, kh carer for testing at moment.
You can't get ION Director at present. They aren't taking orders because of a global supply issue so you'll need a different option for that.

Upvote 0

Connor At CoralVue

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great content everybody! I love seeing the perspectives from every side, obviously my viewpoint is going to be a bit biased given my username. I wanted to also touch on, as I saw this information about Hydros not having Alkalinity testing...we do :)

In fact, we've given the software away to every single Hydros control. You do not need the x10 to facilitate this test, however it does come with everything needed and is quite complimentary. Yes as mentioned, users should have their option of device, if you own a separate device, you should be able to hook that up to your aquarium controller. So we've also partnered with Kamoer for their KH Carer, Focustronic for Alkatronic and Mastertronic, and Sicce for their pumps.... while still giving the software away for our method for free.

Upvote 0

Moonraker76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great content everybody! I love seeing the perspectives from every side, obviously my viewpoint is going to be a bit biased given my username. I wanted to also touch on, as I saw this information about Hydros not having Alkalinity testing...we do :)

In fact, we've given the software away to every single Hydros control. You do not need the x10 to facilitate this test, however it does come with everything needed and is quite complimentary. Yes as mentioned, users should have their option of device, if you own a separate device, you should be able to hook that up to your aquarium controller. So we've also partnered with Kamoer for their KH Carer, Focustronic for Alkatronic and Mastertronic, and Sicce for their pumps.... while still giving the software away for our method for free.
Will this be available in the UK any time soon?

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%

Back