LDK - FMM - Apex

Kevin Finocchiaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the LDK-FMM (leak detector) and would like to use the aquabus cable to connect the FMM to the Apex fusion, however, I dont know where it plugs in to since both apex aquabus ports are in use?

I was thinking it plugs in to the Apex fusion but both the aquabus ports on the apex are already in use, one is used to power the apex while the second aquabus port is used for the auto feeder.

How are other people hooking up the FMM when using multiple add on equipment ?

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You can either connect the FMM to the second port on the auto-feeder, OR take the cable from the auto-feeder and plug it into the FMM, then connect the second port on the FMM to the auto-feeder (which is what I would do).

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every Apex module has at least two AquaBus ports, so you can never run out. They are meant to be daisy-chained together. You can plug any new module into any unused AquaBus port on any currently connected modules.

DaisyChain.png

See my Apex Hardware Overview article for more details about all the available modules:

And if you're new to the Apex, be sure to read my whole series of Apex tutorials:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back