Leaking tank emergency !!

chelseareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody i have a 90 gallon tank 48 inches long and its many years old. all of a sudden it started to come apart at the seams water was leaking and i had to lower the water line to stop leak. I need a new tank stand stand and sump as soon as possible can any vendors in manhattan or close by please help?

I have the power heads going to keep fish and coral alive.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion is a 40 breeder from petco for you livestock and some of rock. Then take your time and do new tank/stand/sump without being rushed.

01xp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My suggestion is a 40 breeder from petco for you livestock and some of rock. Then take your time and do new tank/stand/sump without being rushed.
Sane here if your getting all new setup get something you'll really like not cause it's available. Unless you have massive fish and coral a 40 breeder will do fine

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep buy the 40 then figure out another good tank later, just transfer livestock, all the rock you can fit, pumps, and heaters.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, to buy yourself some time and take the pressure off this is what I would do.

Get a Sturdy Bin like this one 70 Gal and set up a temporary holding tank using whatever equipment you have. (Air stone and Heater would be minimal requirement)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-70-Gal-Tough-Storage-Bin-in-Black-with-Wheels-206203/313792519

Give you time to shop. Or even drain the tank and re-silicone it (if possible)

At least the BIN would be handy for something else, compared to wasting money on a temp tank you don't need.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
long island is gonna be the better bet for finding an aquarium, many stores out there from brooklyn to nassau county, im sure you can find a drilled 90 gallon (what i assume you are looking for), but what specific tank you looking for?

OP
OP
C

chelseareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't know if its a good idea to re silicone the tank I'm worried it might fall apart from other places. the tank is 10 years old and i had it in storage and its only been set up for 5 months i have 10 gallon rubbermaid buckets on stand by in case.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pets warehouse in westbury has the cheap deep blue aquariums if you are just looking for dirt cheap 90 gallon drilled to get right now, otherwise there are many companies out on the island with more expensive options

OP
OP
C

chelseareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, to buy yourself some time and take the pressure off this is what I would do.

Get a Sturdy Bin like this one 70 Gal and set up a temporary holding tank using whatever equipment you have. (Air stone and Heater would be minimal requirement)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-70-Gal-Tough-Storage-Bin-in-Black-with-Wheels-206203/313792519

Give you time to shop. Or even drain the tank and re-silicone it (if possible)

At least the BIN would be handy for something else, compared to wasting money on a temp tank you don't need.
Pets warehouse in westbury has the cheap deep blue aquariums if you are just looking for dirt cheap 90 gallon drilled to get right now, otherwise there are many companies out on the island with more expensive options
I am looking at the red sea tank stand and sump. it has to be 48 inches long to go with the light i have.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can also set up a rubbermaid tub and reseal the tank. Its easier than most think and I can walk you through it. Ive resealed numerous tanks successfully when I had my pet store and even after.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i don't know if its a good idea to re silicone the tank I'm worried it might fall apart from other places. the tank is 10 years old and i had it in storage and its only been set up for 5 months i have 10 gallon rubbermaid buckets on stand by in case.
Pieces of the ocean has a used marine land 75 gallon with stand for 250$

Just about a year old since it was my friends mother's tank, was well taken care of.

You can go there tomorrow from 11 to 6
staten island newyork

TonysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, as others have said I would relocate the fish to a large rubbermaid while you sort out a new tank. Petco is probably closed already for a temp tank. If you have prized corals that you need babysat for a few days, I can probably help; am nearby in Murray Hill

OP
OP
C

chelseareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is new so i don't have much coral or fish in it. I will call close by venders in the morning and sea how long it will take to get a new tank.

Thank you for your offer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back