Learning about my little reef tank... Usually the hard way, lol!

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it going for about 5 months...I had been relying on friends and Google, but stumbled upon here and really liked it. I have already received some excellent help/advice and love everyone's tank pics!!! Here's our little bundle of fun! Just took that picture and to our dismay our little rose BTA decide to move and replant herself below the cabbage leather last night...now I'm agonizing over that...

20200827_125538.jpg

OP
OP
SkyDoodles

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow.. It's like trying to steer nature the way you want it lol. idk how to coax an anemone to move.. maybe someone else here does. I guess maybe try and physically move it but be very ginger with the foot when you try and get her loose.
My friend said leave it be and keep and eye on them...it may be less stressful to move the leather...

OP
OP
SkyDoodles

SkyDoodles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef. BTAs go where they want, usually where you don’t want them. Mine likes to hitch a ride on the turbo snails
BC5B6CBE-42E2-4D7B-8C11-C9EF962717D6.jpeg
That may be one of the funniest pics yet!!! I love it, I would agonize about it, but still love it!! Lol

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community !!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had it going for about 5 months...I had been relying on friends and Google, but stumbled upon here and really liked it. I have already received some excellent help/advice and love everyone's tank pics!!! Here's our little bundle of fun! Just took that picture and to our dismay our little rose BTA decide to move and replant herself below the cabbage leather last night...now I'm agonizing over that...

20200827_125538.jpg
Welcome sky,
Some say aim a powerhead at the anemone to get him to move.
My daughter just used her fingers to loosen the foot, but she's an animal whisperer.
They go where they want, usually to good light and flow, then stay put.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 11 8.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 63 47.4%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back