leather ID's

  • Thread starter Thread starter sp1187
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
the body/polyps ,sinularia
WP_20200817_05_41_07_Pro.jpg

so this is sinularia? lights are almost out. sorry about Blue Man Group coral.
147516375_865068544068222_4068344417847446985_n.jpg
Sinularia flexibilis
 
I thought kenya's dropped branches everywhere? this one has never dropped a baby.
Oh the leathers will split and drop coral. My devils hand has been dropping for about 4 months . Prob right about 15 frags at this point.
 
Last edited:
nothing for #2?
and what's the difference between sinularia and nepthia?
Sinularia possesses small bony needles called scierites on the base of the coral whereas nepethea does not have these. Additionally, Nepthea has a bushier polyp and sinulara has a thinner polyp but both have similar growth structures. I have a green nepthia and a green sinularia. Nepthea have always been abrasive to the touch. Sinularia is kind of slimy to the touch.
Bottom pics is Kenyii tree. I have way too much of it
 
Last edited:
Sinularia possesses small bony needles called scierites on the base of the coral whereas nepethea does not have these. Additionally, Nepthea has a bushier polyp and sinulara has a thinner polyp but both have similar growth structures. I have a green nepthia and a green sinularia. Nepthea have always been abrasive to the touch. Sinularia is kind of slimy to the touch.
Bottom pics is Kenyii tree. I have way too much of it
so #3 is Kenya? any idea why it went to that awesome white color to the drab brown it now is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new