Leaving euphillia skeleton in tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter eastgill
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

eastgill

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
27
Reaction score
8
Location
south dakota
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, first post so not sure if I’m quite doing this right, but I have a question. I have a torch, hammer, and frogspawn that all experienced polyp bailout and now just the skeletons remain. From my understanding, if there’s live tissue left (non-visible) then there’s a good chance they’ll end up regrowing from the skeletons. My question is, is there any specific signs to look for that there might be flesh and some hope they’ll come back? I thought I read somewhere that if the skeleton stays white there’s still flesh and if it turns brown it’s gone for good but I’m not sure how much truth there is to that. Thank you for any replies!
 
Mine, I give them the smell test and if they smell like rotting flesh - they get yanked, bleached and added to my "greatest hits" collection.
Hahaha sounds good, thanks for the reply!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new