Leaving hobby, have alot of stuff...

jmkarcz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not posted here, probably as I barely had time to keep up with RC... with school and all...

After almost 17 years I have decided it is time to hang it up. I recently tried to "re-vitalize" my interest in the hobby and think I went to far. Some of you know that I neglect the hobby a bit while in school, well, over winter break I cleaned a bit to much.

The short version is that I now beleive the tank began to cycle again in a small way, and I watched helplessly as I am finally down to only one system in my home. I moved out much of the living stock pretty quickly... but the success ratio seems to be pretty poor, though some survived.

I have begun posting chunks of things that must go, but anyone that has ever visited me know that I have a lot of stuff. If anyone is looking for anything, please don't hesitate to call or contact me, but only thru RC at this point. I don't frequent both sites.

In short. I've decided to leave for good, so everything is going. I would rather benefit someone in the club than thru craigs list or another way, but it is what it is. This is an advanced warning of sorts to the club and my few remaining friends that have not seen my posts on RC... and if you want something, let me know and you can have dibs before I get around to posting it. If my price seems high, call.... maybe I'm out of touch or trusted Bri-guy... you know how he'll get you if he can. :smile:

Seriously... if your looking for rock, tanks, drilled tanks, pumps, lighting, I have 5 buckets of salt for god sakes... let me know, and soon. I'll cope as I can with exams and such at school but if this were to go quicker than slower and dragged out I would fare much better. I will be posting "chunks" of my collection at a time to keep things rotating. Everything all at once is a lot of stuff.

I greatly miss the times I used to talk fish with many of you, After watching several corals wither and die that I have watched with such interest over the last 4 hard years... I am sure I don't want to start over. I'll still be here even after everything is gone should someone want some help with something, but it's time for some new hobbies.

Please watch for RC forum posts if your looking for something and don't hesitate to call if you want to discuss something you need or want. I may just work it out.

I wish everyone the best in their reefing endeavors, more than I ever had for sure!

Jason M. Karcz

621 3409 (920)

Bri Guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thankx for having me over last night J! It was like browsing the coolest garage sale ive ever been to!!!

You will be missed O-Holy one.

btw, that rock just fits in a 5g bucket, height and width by like an inch.

OP
OP
J

jmkarcz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sittnon18s

I have 2. Call me. they are different, they are plumbed at this point... but me get "un=plumbed" and loose some extras.

Black glass overflows. Custom. looking for 125 each. had several lookers... hurry if interested.

Even have a oceanic 90 for sale that would be a STEAL for anyone looking. 150...
-----------------------------

Also. Anyone familiar with that 30 gallon custom reef I was building... should call if they are interested. Otherwise I'm going to sell it on craigs list or something. 325 if you are from the club, 450 if your NOT. This one is something special and not of the norm... I'm sure Bri would agree.

Tank, stand, hood... no light. have lots of extras... but this one is special. materials cost 600... its all natural stone and built to last. It belongs in a high priced lawyers office or dentists office or something. Its not a pallet wood all glass aquarium stand. Drilled, black glass overflow. ALL CUSTOM. It needs to go quick before I change my mind and want to stay in.

http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c205/jmkarcz/30%20Gallon%20Show%20Reef/

I have parts and pieces to finish it... and will contract appropriatly to do so... otherwise... call if interested. It's not ceramic or man made tile, but natural tumbled stone.

Jason

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back