Led fixture

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering replacing my t5 fixture. I’m looking at a pair of radion xr15 g5, or a pair of hydra 32HD. Doing research I’m finding the both seem to have issues connecting, disconnecting, or simply following the light schedule. Is this a wide spread issue or is this just a couple people having issues? Nothing is worst than buying lights that you can’t rely on. Help me decide

Thx

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is hit or miss. The 32HD is a little older than the XR15 G5... just based on my own research ecotech still has a few manufacturing bugs to work out.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering replacing my t5 fixture. I’m looking at a pair of radion xr15 g5, or a pair of hydra 32HD. Doing research I’m finding the both seem to have issues connecting, disconnecting, or simply following the light schedule. Is this a wide spread issue or is this just a couple people having issues? Nothing is worst than buying lights that you can’t rely on. Help me decide

Thx
between the two I would go with Radion because of the spread, way less disco effect, if any at all and dont have to be mounted so high. I have been researching them too. My hubby has given me the okay ut after my small tank crashed and I lost about 12 lps that were less than 2 weeks old! so now I have to replace those corals and dont want o do that slowly! If you could add a led to your t5s thats what I would do. You know like a t5 hybrid! Thats what I want but I dont have a canopy and dont want to hang fro ceiling. If you did that you would only need to buy one or two leds and I have heard good things with people using cheap leds for that. Gives it a small amount of shimmer and takes away that flat t5 look, make sit look crisp and great growth and no shadowing from the t5's

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with OR3 led bars and a pair of kessils 360 and T5 hybrid. Coral colors are very nice. Rebuild ing at the moment.

92CAB4A1-B68F-430A-A2F3-9BC0CDD65F3D.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back