Led light option

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ai prime and im planning to upgrade my tank. My main problem is my prime will either sit 4"(sc 24g) -6"(nuvo 20g) above the water line with 24" long tank and the height of the tank 13"(20g) or 15"(24g). Im not sure which height will work the most.if it not what is the best led bar in the market to grow a mixed reef. Im keeping monti, birdsnest euphyllias, acans and soft corals.

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about it but its a little bit out of the budget. And my ai has a spread of 24"
The prime coverage is more around 18"x18" As for LED bars there are many out there but either you pay more for the wattage and you still get less spectrum with no controllability. Most other light bars/strips are supplemental lighting. I've had good luck with the Aquamaxx Nemo light. They're a nice fixture with built in controller and great spectrum. In a 13" deep tank I've been able to keep most LPS,BTA and some SPS. By far this is better option for the price point. But then again another AI prime isn't too far off in price.

OP
OP
Hunt3r

Hunt3r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prime coverage is more around 18"x18" As for LED bars there are many out there but either you pay more for the wattage and you still get less spectrum with no controllability. Most other light bars/strips are supplemental lighting. I've had good luck with the Aquamaxx Nemo light. They're a nice fixture with built in controller and great spectrum. In a 13" deep tank I've been able to keep most LPS,BTA and some SPS. By far this is better option for the price point. But then again another AI prime isn't too far off in price.

How does it compare with other bar lights like current?

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it compare with other bar lights like current?
The Aquamaxx is much better build IMO. The Current bars seem cheap and the LEDs seem dull. The Current controller option is the only plus I see over the built in Aquamaxx controller.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back