LED supplement to my M.H.’s for bling

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this information? The latest videos of his system tour from Reef Builders shows he only runs T5's and Reef Brite strips, no mention or sight of any Halides on any of his tanks.

On his 11’ tank in the basement he runs halides t5ho and reef brites. All the rest are t5ho and reef brites. Just on the most recent video I saw. Jda has a good point though. These people have thousands of gallons all connected together and are literally going over them with a fine tooth comb day and night. It’s their full time job. We can’t hope to give our hobbyist tanks that level of attention

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On his 11’ tank in the basement he runs halides t5ho and reef brites. All the rest are t5ho and reef brites. Just on the most recent video I saw. Jda has a good point though. These people have thousands of gallons all connected together and are literally going over them with a fine tooth comb day and night. It’s their full time job. We can’t hope to give our hobbyist tanks that level of attention

Yeah I'm no emulating any setup and not advising anyone do that, not the point of my question. What I saw on the video does not show or mention halides, about 10:40 in this vid shows his larger basement tank.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get this information? The latest videos of his system tour from Reef Builders shows he only runs T5's and Reef Brite strips, no mention or sight of any Halides on any of his tanks.
@15:20...

Now you stop everything, close the door, plug your speakers and travel in time!!!!

:cool: Halides are halides...
Grandis.

Last edited:

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you are going to likely spin your wheels if you try and emulate what growers, farmers and shops do. They are not hobbyists and are around their tanks for hours and hours each day with eyes always on them. Do not pay too much attention to this. It is a data point, but nothing more.
Yes! Agreed!
Grandis.

Finhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@15:20...

Now you stop everything, close the door, plug your speakers and travel in time!!!!

:cool: Halides are halides...
Grandis.

Sorry I don't hear or see any info on that video just a PF song. Not trying to argue with you, just going by what JF actaully says in the video I linked earlier where he says straight up T5 and Reef Brites is all he uses.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I don't hear or see any info on that video just a PF song. Not trying to argue with you, just going by what JF actaully says in the video I linked earlier where he says straight up T5 and Reef Brites is all he uses.
No worries...
He has 5 250W 20K Radiums over that system with the LEDs and T5s.
Look at 15:20 (first video) when they talk about the lighting...
You can actually see the halides in both videos if you look carefully.
Grandis.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 136 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.9%
Back