LED T5's? (E5)

  • Thread starter Thread starter DLuce510
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DLuce510

A.D.I.D.A.A.
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2015
Messages
521
Reaction score
297
Location
Antioch, Ca.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with E5's? The owner of my LFS is getting ready to get some in for beta testing and I must say I'm skeptical of something not widely used and tried yet. He has told me they've been tested in Europe for the last 2 years.
What it really comes down to for me is I trust t5's and they're proven. But maybe there will be surprising results if I keep a open mind, but on the other side LED's are still relatively young in the scene. Let me know what you think!
 
I just saw something on these. I was curious about them my self. I haven't seen them being used yet but from what read, they last like 8 years. I'll let someone else give them a try then see what's up with them.
 
Sounds like the best of both worlds. Bet they'll be really expensive when available and proven.
 
Marine depot, 50$ ea. I'm very interested, bulb life , colors that'll come up as time goes by. We shall see
 
What I find interesting is, they advertise they last 8 years but they haven't even been out for 8 years. Haha
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new