Lee Filters for photographing corals - testing

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use LEE filters in allot of my photography. I have several on back order from Adorama and will test them as I get them. Filters can be an expensive purchase when buying multiples so in the interest of pinching pennys I’m going with the polyester type for testing. Basically, these are as thin as flash gels in a slightly stronger frame.

I’m going to be testing the following:
I picked this set as it contained 2 filters that where on my test list.

Based off colors used by others I chose these to include in my test.
I can’t get all the filters in the 85 series and still try others so the standard 85 will be my test filter.
The 85 series of dark amber filters are designed for the following corrections.
• They are also engineed to convert daylight (5500K) for use with tungsten film (3200K to 3800K).
•••@85 converts light from 5500K to 3400K for use with type A tungsten film in daylight; requires +2/3 stop.
•••85B converts light from 5500K to 3200K for use with type B (most common) tungsten film; +2/3 stop.
•••@81C converts light from 5500K to 3800K and is for mixed lighting (ex:house lamps + window light); +2/3 stop.

I’m adding these into the mix, these are blue correcting filters for black and white photography.

I had to select the 3x3 as they didn’t have this in the 4x4. I can make it work.

For reference Lee Filter systems can be seen here:

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back