• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Legendary Corals Lost a Customer

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Tim P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am loading up a cart w corals from Legendary. I've had good success in the past and they generally have reasonable prices for some sweet LPS and zoas.
My cart is upwards of $400 w 20% sale and I go to pay and shipping is $50.
Generally, shipping with them in the past is free after $350 so I questioned them on Facebook today.
Their response was on big sales like this they do not honor a free shipping module no matter what you spend.
So it's not really 20% off anymore, is it? Silence was their response. You are changing your normal business practice by advertising a sale and then charging for shipping when you normally don't. Idk just rubbed me the wrong way and as a result they lost a loyal customer.

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am loading up a cart w corals from Legendary. I've had good success in the past and they generally have reasonable prices for some sweet LPS and zoas.
My cart is upwards of $400 w 20% sale and I go to pay and shipping is $50.
Generally, shipping with them in the past is free after $350 so I questioned them on Facebook today.
Their response was on big sales like this they do not honor a free shipping module no matter what you spend.
So it's not really 20% off anymore, is it? Silence was their response. You are changing your normal business practice by advertising a sale and then charging for shipping when you normally don't. Idk just rubbed me the wrong way and as a result they lost a loyal customer.
Hello Tim,

I'm unfortunately just finding this thread now. Our large annual events in the past have stated that shipping is a flat fee. It has been this way for the majority of our sales. It was not meant to trick you, my apologies for making you feel that way and for not taking the time to respond to you properly.

Moving forward, I've decided to offer free shipping at $350+ on Live Sale events, such as my recent Anniversary Live Sale, to keep things simple.

Your input is valuable for me, thank you for taking the time to create this post. And hopefully the corals you purchased from me are still doing well!

Cheers,
Darwin

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back