Legitimate Product? Or Snake Oil?

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't disagree with you here, fleece and socks have added maintenance, however, they have improved upon the previous methods of mechanical filtration IMO.

Oh, I wasn't even in the running to buy one. I just saw the ad, looked at the website, and wondered if there was any merit to the initial claim, that an electrical charge could drive coagulation and help to clear cloudy water. Some people just jump to conclusions and talk with their feelings rather than their brains.
I have not used any of the above methods of particulate filtration for quite some years and my tanks didn't seem to miss it, quite the contrary in fact. Some have pointed to nuitrents being an issue without using prefiltration like those mentioned. I have an ATS and a recatorvwith a small amount of iron oxide in that takes care of nuitrents like NO3 and PO4 amongst others.
My tank neither look dirty nor unclear.
My water with my oxydator looks nice and clear. There are some micro particles in the water which I hardly notice and perhaps are more a benefit than a nuisance. Still each to their own and whatever works for them.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back