• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

lemon drop anemone

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
anyone out there selling these beauties? looking for a lemon drop anemone. thanks in advance!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never seen a lemon drop 'nem that looked yellow in person. 90% of the photos you'll see are edited.... But good luck with your search!

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the original lemon is long long gone. the yellow ones you see now are most likely the yellow phase of colorado sunburst, which will eventually turn back to red if not kept under specific lighting conditions.

OP
OP
TVo

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the original lemon is long long gone. the yellow ones you see now are most likely the yellow phase of colorado sunburst, which will eventually turn back to red if not kept under specific lighting conditions.
so no one has the OG lemon? I've heard about the sunburst and lemon drop being the same nem also. well i guess the next question is- Who has colorado sunbursts? :)

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so no one has the OG lemon? I've heard about the sunburst and lemon drop being the same nem also. well i guess the next question is- Who has colorado sunbursts? :)

for some reason, people started calling the yellow csb phase “lemon drop”. this is highly inaccurate as the original lemon drop had different color column and nasal disc than the csb. the original lemon drop was a completely different strain and was never successful in captivity. i know because i was one of the first to get them from an importer in 2010-ish.

OP
OP
TVo

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
for some reason, people started calling the yellow csb phase “lemon drop”. this is highly inaccurate as the original lemon drop had different color column and nasal disc than the csb. the original lemon drop was a completely different strain and was never successful in captivity. i know because i was one of the first to get them from an importer in 2010-ish.
okay this good to know. thanks for the info!

OP
OP
TVo

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you seem to know your nems. Can you tell me anything about the supernova nems that are selling for 1900 by coral collection?

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you seem to know your nems. Can you tell me anything about the supernova nems that are selling for 1900 by coral collection?

i’ve never owned one but i know a few people who have. consensus is that it will not retain the same coloration you see on the website. everyone i’ve talked to has pretty much been upset about their decision to purchase it.

OP
OP
TVo

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i’ve never owned one but i know a few people who have. consensus is that it will not retain the same coloration you see on the website. everyone i’ve talked to has pretty much been upset about their decision to purchase it.
wow that sucks. hopefully my friend can maintain the color. he just bought one. thanks again!

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nova colors will morph but will be on the red side... whats unique about it is the tear drop markings..

OP
OP
TVo

TVo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nova colors will morph but will be on the red side... whats unique about it is the tear drop markings..
tear drop markings on the tentacles? You wouldn't happen to have one would you?

Wayn3sWorlD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5de8c3d6e2e67256406187fcb64f2058.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back