Lemon Juice for Aiptasia

(Those shown above might be OK for your lemon juice idea-- but maybe not for a paste to pass through easily. Just my 2-cents.)
 
(Those shown above might be OK for your lemon juice idea-- but maybe not for a paste to pass through easily. Just my 2-cents.)
Yea your right! You need a 3ml syringe with a 23 gauge needle to push kalk paste through.
20251004_102651.jpg
 
1759598930337.jpeg

This you rinse, and it is fully reusable. 😉
Looks the same as the one that comes with aiptasia x

I've used aiptasia x, kalk paste, lemon juice, boiling water etc and all any of them seemed to is drive the aiptasia into hiding where they multipled two fold before they returned. Natural predation is the only way I've been able to keep my DTs clear. Peppermint shrimp in smaller tanks and CBB in my larger tank.
 
I think a "hiding" reaction definitely takes place unless you can physically take the rock out of water prior to treatment; that's why generally I don't glue my rocks. That way I can get the paste into the mouth and watch them explode. But yes-- natural predators-- you can't argue with that!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new