• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

"Lemon" lights bought from Master of Cloak

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Not-a-Reefer-yet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate for this to be my first in-depth post on R2R, but I wanted to let folks know that I recently bought some used AI prime 13 HD lights (the 13 kind, not the newer 16 version) from Master of Cloak that were inoperable when I got them.

The purchase itself went nicely, Master of Cloak was responsive and did negotiate the price a bit. The lights arrived to my house nicely packaged, but when I tried to set them up, the lights would not respond, and only showed a solid red indicator light (the fans would also run constantly). After some communication with AI support, I sent them in for service, and I got word that there was some internal corrosion/heat damage to the lights, and they were non-repairable.

To their credit, Master of Cloak did send me a photo of the lights working on June 15th (per the timestamp on the image), but I'm really having a hard time imagining how two lights that worked fine could become damaged beyond repair simply by mailing them. All I know is that I am out $260, and have nothing to show for it.

Wishing for better next time,
-Matthew

AI light issue.jpg AI response.png Initial AI email.png

Attachments

• (1) AI prime lights for sale _ REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 38

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back