Leng Sy EcoSystem Miracle Mud VS Refugium ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 427HISS
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

427HISS

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
3,156
Reaction score
929
Location
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm researching the benefits of each type of systems, pro's, con's, cost of set-up and maintenance.

Please post pics, vids and links
I've never used either, so learn me boyz.
 
They do different things so I’m not sure how one would compare them.

What are you wanting such a system to do?

I would never use mud to randomly supply elements when today it is very easy to dose what is actually needed, or to dose a mix that has all you need (like TM A and K).

I use a refugium to grow macroalgae and export nutrients. Mud will not do anything for phosphate, even if one thinks it may denitrify.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new