Leon High School Reef Club 75 Mixed Reef

Isoprene

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 28, 2012
Messages
1,032
Reaction score
122
Location
Tallahassee, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This actually might happen after all. Ill explain once the paperwork is turned in and its official. I am going to post how it got revived in another thread, its a story of how this hobby can truly spark undying interest and curiosity in science and nature. It also made me miss school and my students. I am going back to get my second masters and then PhD rather than teaching. I was accepted and official as of tonight. Dr. Gordon is a far ways away but I am excited for whats on the horizon...hopefully much much more updates, and pics coming soon. Send me those good vibes, I would love to share this passion of mine with the students. Hopefully my old bosses give me the chance.
 
Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about you leaving public education - you obviously have a passion for the work. I love working with high school aged kids. I hope your new path is bright!

also wanted to add that that is very cool that you're going to see the 75 through though. That will mean a lot and I'm thinking you've inspired many AP students to carry it on!
 
Last edited:
This actually might happen after all. Ill explain once the paperwork is turned in and its official. I am going to post how it got revived in another thread, its a story of how this hobby can truly spark undying interest and curiosity in science and nature. It also made me miss school and my students. I am going back to get my second masters and then PhD rather than teaching. I was accepted and official as of tonight. Dr. Gordon is a far ways away but I am excited for whats on the horizon...hopefully much much more updates, and pics coming soon. Send me those good vibes, I would love to share this passion of mine with the students. Hopefully my old bosses give me the chance.

I am close to finishing the 75 gallon I initially started for the kids. I however have come across a 95 wave tank, those odd shaped yet very cool half wave tanks. I should have pics coming soon. I also have a partner in crime living with me now whos just as excited about reefing and aquaculture and marine science as me. Hopefully like I said more to come in this thread.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new