Leptoseris compatibility question

  • Thread starter Thread starter JHSteepat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JHSteepat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Messages
337
Reaction score
211
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a jack-o-lantern leptoseris growing a few inches from a recently obtained neon green leptoseris. Both seem to be growing well.

How compatible are leptoseris? What happens when they get close? Do the two colonies just coexist or will there be a winner and a loser? The j-o-l has a different morphology so I am concerned.
20251229_121313_19B06E1A-A27F-47FA-90AE-462907C2ECC6.png

Also, can I just chip off and move the disk of the green one to another place, so you don’t see the disk?
 
should he fine with each other, as both are the same species (L. mycetoseroides). I do not believe Leptoseris is a particularly aggressive species either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new