Leptoseris died for no apparently reason!??

Reef Breeder 2013

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
265
Reaction score
99
Location
Guadalajara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Saturday, I bought an a Pavonia and an a Leptoseris. After that, he started dying pretty fast. Now, Wednesday, my Lepto are just white. Everything seems to be fine: pH, calcium, magnesium, absolutely EVERYTHING.

Btw, the Pavonia seems to be fine.
Saturday:
817751d0-34f7-49bc-a79a-234dd3b8ebc2.jpg


Today, Wednesday:
e741c4b8-e64b-4e18-87bd-95907f077450.jpg
 
The Saturday, I bought an a Pavonia and an a Leptoseris. After that, he started dying pretty fast. Now, Wednesday, my Lepto are just white. Everything seems to be fine: pH, calcium, magnesium, absolutely EVERYTHING.

Btw, the Pavonia seems to be fine.
Saturday:
817751d0-34f7-49bc-a79a-234dd3b8ebc2.jpg


Today, Wednesday:
e741c4b8-e64b-4e18-87bd-95907f077450.jpg
Always a reason. It's never fine and just die.

Need to post more about your system than just "fine".
Where did you get it and how acclimated?
 
I had forgotten about this thread...
I think it was calcium maybe?? It was around 380 ppm, but anyways, it died way too fast.
 
I had forgotten about this thread...
I think it was calcium maybe?? It was around 380 ppm, but anyways, it died way too fast.
Did you immediately secure it to the rockwork? Regardless of the type of coral it is typically best to let it sit in an area with lower light and flow for 1-2 weeks when its first added. The center of the tank on the sandbed is a good spot, or if you have a frag rack that will work in the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new