OP
Gonebad395

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm shocked that nobody has posted up any RFA's! I hope I'm not out of line here?

I believe the big orange nem and the rainbow nem to it's right are the parents of all 3 rounds of babies I've had. I think there are 10 or 11 babies in this photo.

20190118_114455 R1.jpg

In this close up you can see 6 new babies (over 1 month old now) that didn't get far from the parents. However I have 15 or more that are further away from the parents and nestled in with some zoa colonies and in some cracks and gaps in the rocks.
20190118_115141 R1.jpg

Wow Ron those are great looking nems let me know if you wanna get rid of a baby or two

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Ron those are great looking nems let me know if you wanna get rid of a baby or two

Thanks, most of the bigger ones came from either VIP Reef in Miami (he actually collects them in the Keys) and Cultivated Reef in Maine. I was ordering some coral and Holly was willing to send me photos of the better colored nems before I bought them.

Actually I'm considering making my 16g frag/holding tank into a RFA tank. That way I wouldn't have to be picking the babies out of colonies of expensive zoas! I will start selling some once I get the RFA tank set and all the nems moved over. But that may be a 2 or 3 months. And shipping costs are so crazy for a private individual. I shipped one off to a member here and shipping one small RFA in a small styrofoam shipper was like $40+. And I just happened to have a small shipper. If I had to buy that too... ugh! But when the time comes, if you are still interested, we can talk about it.

OP
OP
Gonebad395

Gonebad395

Anemone hound
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, most of the bigger ones came from either VIP Reef in Miami (he actually collects them in the Keys) and Cultivated Reef in Maine. I was ordering some coral and Holly was willing to send me photos of the better colored nems before I bought them.

Actually I'm considering making my 16g frag/holding tank into a RFA tank. That way I wouldn't have to be picking the babies out of colonies of expensive zoas! I will start selling some once I get the RFA tank set and all the nems moved over. But that may be a 2 or 3 months. And shipping costs are so crazy for a private individual. I shipped one off to a member here and shipping one small RFA in a small styrofoam shipper was like $40+. And I just happened to have a small shipper. If I had to buy that too... ugh! But when the time comes, if you are still interested, we can talk about it.

Ron that sounds great you just let me know I don’t mind paying for nice stuff and I hear ya on the shipping but for beautiful it’s worth it. Just keep me in mind happy reefing

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back