Let’s see your Cobalt C-VUE tanks

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too short of a time with mine to say one way or the other. For now I like them both. Quiet and adjustable. Tough to beat, but we'll see if they last

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FIgured I'd update this in case others were still interested. Looking into a skimmer that will fit (still haven't decided, but not many options given the small locations). Diatom bloom just started up recently after I picked up some zoa frags. Amazing copepod bloom is occurring as well. Sing of good things I hope. Otherwise, just settling in and waiting for what's next.

20181107 - Fish Tank.jpg

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! How do you like your lights?
Far from an expert on this front. However, I did a lot of research, and as I couldn't afford some of the best options with the most features, this one offered a lot of what I thought was needed for an office tank, and a price that met our budget. From that standpoint, it's been stellar. Grows everything I've thrown at it so far (granted just softies and LPS). The legs are nice as well since I couldn't hang anything from the wall/ceiling.

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are the OceanRevive T247. Some good videos on them to watch as well that helped me in the decision making progress.

ImNotNemosDad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am new to the forum and I want to introduce myself, My name is Marlon, hence the name Imnotnemosdad. Lol. Anyways, I have 10+ years experience in reefing and I'm still learning each day.

This is my cobalt c-vue 40g tank. No water still. I am still debating if I should keep it. The reason why is because my friend wants to sell his red sea 450 reefer to me. Now I dont know if I should continue this build or not. :(

Here are some pictures.
dce788ad771d6da6045b586925ad0261.jpg
4bcddc02c7eb85b276b2112eeb0a1512.jpg

Jarad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good tank. Could serve as a expensive QT tank, but Reffer 450 sounds pretty amazing. Best of luck regardless!

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just waiting on the sand to get here so I can get her up and running. Just got here situated last night after jerry rigging the broken stand together. Hopefully I should have some more progress pics tonight as a lot of things are arriving!

Coral and invert QT is to the right and another tank below that one to QT fish.

8NqEGPy.jpg

fl3xlinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 40 gal. No skim current USA marine pro light. Seachem carbon seachem biomedia and the neotherm 150 watt heater by cobalt stock return pumps and two cheapo power heads and it’s been so far so good knock on wood

54F009E6-1863-4DFC-84F6-0B9723F64C91.jpeg

fl3xlinton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone purchase the lid for their C-vue by chance? Wonder if the condensation and/or salt creep might not be worth the price, but it looks really nice on the face of it. Let me know!
I had it and salt creep destroyed the plastic joints I went to open it up one time and it fell in and killed one of my favorite sps!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back