Let’s see your high nutrient systems

  • Thread starter Thread starter TLO45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TLO45

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2014
Messages
298
Reaction score
224
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my system for a number of years now with what some may consider a higher nutrient level. NO3 runs 20-25 PO4 .15
I know many run much lower levels so I may consider mine a bit on the higher side although I know there are many that run nutrients much higher than mine!
When including your image please include your nutrient levels.

IMG_0617.jpeg
 
I wouldn't call this high nutrient at all. Those are great numbers IMO.

High nutrients 50+ nitrate, .5+ phos, and even these numbers, if the tank was telling me it was happy, I would only change things slowly.
 
My prior 56g generally ran NO3 30 ppm and PO4 .5 ppm.
I transferred from that tank into a 75g about a 5 weeks ago and it isn't settled yet. It is running NO3 10 ppm and PO4 1 ppm. I would like to get the nitrates up a bit and the phosphates down a bit.
20250819_164517.jpg
20251025_151229.jpg
 
A great start! Thanks to all who have shared!
Have those who commented tried to keep those numbers (such as feeding heavy or dosing ) on purpose to keep higher levels or is it just the way the tank settled in?
Keep sharing your pictures!!
 
Have those who commented tried to keep those numbers (such as feeding heavy or dosing ) on purpose to keep higher levels or is it just the way the tank settled in?
I intentionally try to keep my nitrates and phosphates higher than most reefers are comfortable with. My tank is predominantly softies with a few hardy LPS and macroalgae. The coral I have tolerate higher nutrients and the macroalgae need an abundance of nutrients to flourish. Also fish are my first love so I can have a tank fully stocked.
I plan to use a little gfo to bring down the PO4 while at the same time increase my feeding a tiny bit to hopefully increase nitrates just a little.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new