Let’s talk about your salt?

What salt are you using?

  • Fritz

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Reef crystal

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Red sea

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Tropic

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Red Sea coral pro

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Aqua Forest

    Votes: 3 15.8%

  • Total voters
    19

beardedman11

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
445
Reaction score
250
Location
Space Coast
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been out of the hobby for a few years and was using Fritz and someone told me they had some bad batches and stay away so seeing what’s everyone is using? Please let me know what brand they’re using and type of reef. Sps, lps, zoas, softie, or mix. Thanks happy reefing

Loved fritz because it would mix rather quickly and didn’t leave any white residue on the bucket.
 
I used IO REEF CRYSTALS and my alkalinity tested before it went in the tank was all over the place. I gain alot of stability by switching to red sea coral pro. Seems you either love reef crystals or don't. Just my experience.
 
Tried many salts over all these years. Many good ones on the market. However, over a year ago I switched to Fauna Marin Salt and never looked back. It is the cleanest salt I have ever used. It mixes quickly, stays wells (usually mix a batch for the week for AWC) parameters are consistent, and have never found any left over residue in the mixing / holding tank. That over a year without have to clean the holding tank. Never had a salt that I could say that about before.
 
Started with reef crystals didn’t like the brown scum it created in my holding tanks so I switched to IO and have since been using it for years with no issues. That needs to be an option.
 
You need more options in your poll.
It really does not mater you can have a great tank with any salt available.

Instant Ocean
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new