Let’s talk accessories, what’s your favorite?

Nikorad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t keep my hands out of my tank, but now that I have this bad boy I have no more fear. Made out of plastic, bought on Ali express, best purchase made in a long time. What’s your favorite?

0B2D6066-1710-4768-AB17-002DBE06876F.jpeg

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't limit it to one, but I enjoy my testing trio... makes life so much easier and keeps me testing often.

I do wish the smart stir had a LED shining on the vial, because sometimes it's hard to see the color change, but my phone's flash works.

Attachments

• Smart Stir.jpg
    Smart Stir.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Pipettor.jpg
    Pipettor.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Wash Bottle.jpg
    Wash Bottle.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 31

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 for the pipettor.
I’ve also noticed that the Hanna cuvettes are marked 10 mL—but mine aren’t. I verified the 10 mL from the pipettor with a high precision gram scale. Each time it comes out to 9.9x-10.0x grams water. Not too shabby for an Amazon device!

I enjoy knowing I’m getting the same volume every time. Makes the testing more consistent.

I’m actually contemplating buying another one to measure out the reagents too. While the one I have does 1-10 mL, the tip is kind of large for measuring 1 mL precisely. Im sure I’d get better precision with a 1-5 mL or even the 100-1000 uL version.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also noticed that the Hanna cuvettes are marked 10 mL—but mine aren’t. I verified the 10 mL from the pipettor with a high precision gram scale. Each time it comes out to 9.9x-10.0x grams water. Not too shabby for an Amazon device!

I enjoy knowing I’m getting the same volume every time. Makes the testing more consistent.

I’m actually contemplating buying another one to measure out the reagents too. While the one I have does 1-10 mL, the tip is kind of large for measuring 1 mL precisely. Im sure I’d get better precision with a 1-5 mL or even the 100-1000 uL version.
I was contemplating the exact same thing; getting one for the reagents too. I use mine for red sea test as well and I have dedicated tips for each kit to prevent any cross contamination. Pippeters are great tools.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 66 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back