Let it play out or?

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll try to keep it brief. Established tank, 4 or 5 years old started with live rock, live sand. SPS heavy, only a single hammer, a single Duncan (my unofficial nutrient gauge) and some shrooms as far as softies.
Had a tube anemone that I removed because of the large death zone it created. Added a few pieces of live rock where it was to create more real estate. It got diatoms for a bit that went away. All was well until it recently developed dinos. Only on the new rocks, no trace anywhere else. Lowered my NoPox dosing and stopped draining the liquid off the frozen mysis to bump nutrients a bit. Also dosed some microbactor.
Anything else I should do or just let it play out? I have some new acro frags I want to place on it but don’t want to with the dinos present.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try a simple 3 day blackout and see if that gets rid of them

Also you don’t want sterile water, especially nitrate etc., so watch the Nopox dosing

OP
OP
Blumy

Blumy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gone already. Dropped NoPox from 4ml a day to 3ml. The Duncan is also very happy indicating a rise in nutrients. Who needs fancy test kits? I swear by visual inspection to determine levels. If you’ve done it long enough, you can tell.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 133 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back