let me introduce myself

p stegmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Paul Stegmaier, I am 34
I live in Peoria Illinois with my wife Krystal, 2 1/2 year old son Landon, our weiners Mia,Bella and our empty SPS bound system.

After battling AEFW, ICK and every other reef pest, I was forced to drain our tank and take a financial and mental brake from the hobby. With ever intention I was planning on restarting our system sooner than later. Two years later I am still rebuilding, trying to work out all the weak points of the system.

Hopefully this time around I will get it right. Planning for launch sometime in Feb 2011

All this for a little 72Lx30Wx25H peninsula in our living room
2-400W, 20k on light mover, VHO attinics, led moon, 50+times turn over, all filtration in basement
_F4U4645-2.jpg

_F4U4662.jpg

_F4U4643.jpg

_F4U4559.jpg

before draining
NF4U2354-1.jpg

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean...dang...you have the setup for quite an awesome tank.

I hope you have fun on the site and use it as a source of great information to get back into the game.

Welcome and good luck.

OP
OP
P

p stegmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great and welcome!

Your system looks very fancy!

To keep all but equipment cost out of the equation , I built all the equipment rooms, plumbed and wired every thing. My dad helped me build the aquarium cabinet and the system has taken me 5 years to build. Unfortunately this hasn't left me any coin to stock it. Looks like I will be working the next 20 Saturdays before I can step back and look at it.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
P

p stegmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all, I guess I will start a rebuild thread in the next couple of months, that shows the changes I have made and I why I made them. In the end I have to get this right, it is the center piece of our home and my wife has been beyond understanding, through all this. I just would like to get the house back in order for her sake!

Sasquatch

~Brunt of all jokes~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, Welcome! to the uninitiated it would appear you have an obsessive disorder, to the rest of us... HOOHAA!!!!!! well done indeed and where is the quarantine station lol

OP
OP
P

p stegmaier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, Welcome! to the uninitiated it would appear you have an obsessive disorder, to the rest of us... HOOHAA!!!!!! well done indeed and where is the quarantine station lol

Yes, about the disorder, and the quarantine system or systems will have to fit in the water room, attached to the equipment room. One of our local club members on BNARC is developing an acrylic holding/ acclimation, plus dipping/rinsing internal compartment system I will hopefully be using, dimensions around 24x24x12
This is the area that got me in trouble in the first place so it is not an area to be overlooked. It will go some where oposite of this wall.

_F4U4643.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet set up and welcome to R2R!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back