Let me know about Oregon blue tort

My Oregon Tort is almost 12 years now and yes it is solid blue . But under some conditions it will turn a teal green color .
IMG_20190101_153327_665.jpg
This is really fantastic size and blue one.
It's amazing.
 
If it is a real Oregon Tort, then it will not disappoint and is usually good under a variety of conditions and husbandry. It is truly a timeless coral. If it is a fake, then it could suck, but you should be able to easily source a real-deal OBT.
 
I've had one for about 4 years now and never has it had any green skin, not even as a nub. You might get a couple green polyps in the shade or around the base, but the body is solid blue always. Any green on the body and I would question it.
Here's mine. I've had this for years and nuked the tank a couple times (last about 1.5 years ago). This sucker always dies off, but not completely and comes back. I've almost got it back to pre-crash size!

43.JPG
 
Check out the polyp extension on mine. Bout six months old from a fresh cut frag
 

Attachments

  • 759A2E19-384F-434F-B572-31122BC95FA6.jpeg
    759A2E19-384F-434F-B572-31122BC95FA6.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 116
Heres mine grown from a frag then list down to a tiny piece which regrow to this size.

20210110_131528.jpg
20210110_131550.jpg
 
Oregon Tort
8D7FFB24-D551-405D-999A-0894A6F82248.jpeg
Myagi Tort and a Frogskin Tort
6BDDE518-3CC5-4357-9C03-3744666149C8.jpeg
If you want something really blue go with my favorite blue coral.

Mother of Pearl
B44EE498-B62A-4544-A800-4F1C0AC8E6C6.jpeg
Mine has grown a little since my previous post
B4D79316-11B3-4BEE-B183-3B0BB3C6F545.jpeg

And I have some large frags available as well
5780B18C-68C1-46F1-8AA2-CDE784F5DF4D.jpeg
 
My all-time fav. It actually originated from Waves Marine in Portland, OR. Which was only about 3 miles from Upscales. Waves operated out of a glorified storage building. I still vividly remember the first time I walked in and saw the mother colony. 1/4" for $100 back about 2001/2.
IMO, several in this thread aren't OG.

I thought it originated from Soutas off Powell, but Waves also sold it? The original owner of Soutas had a MASSIVE Oregon Tort back in the day.. like 24+ inches. I miss both Waves and Soutas

Either way a true Oregon Tort shouldn’t have green, if yours died it’s a Cali Tort... nice but not the same
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new