Let's discuss Alveopora

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's one of my two. I am fascinated with Alveopora, rapidly becoming my favorite coral. I am keeping mine at 1.025, 5 NO3, .05-.1 PO4, 78 degrees, 8.4-9 dkh, 420-440 calcium.
IMG_2343.jpeg

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally love alveopora I just wish it had as many color variants as Goni. I do love the daisy like shape to them both, but alve has more “petals” and give it more of bouquet style look if you ask me.

Are they as difficult to care for as people suggest? Because I really want to add some.

OP
OP
ThaBeast

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I personally love alveopora I just wish it had as many color variants as Goni. I do love the daisy like shape to them both, but alve has more “petals” and give it more of bouquet style look if you ask me.

Are they as difficult to care for as people suggest? Because I really want to add some.
I've only had this one a few weeks. I'm trying to make sure everything stays stable and feeding regularly. Posted hoping someone with long term success will chime in.

juarec0201

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The times I’ve lost them was due to nutrients bottoming out and bad husbandry. Now that my tank is getting back on track they have been thriving. Other than the clowns finally choosing a home other than the power heads lol. I am always on the hunt for unique colors.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 154 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.2%

Back