Let's Divert From Reefs Momentarily Let's See Flowers

It has been raining. The vines grow feet longer overnight and new pumpkins starting every day. We've only grow tomatoes and peppers in the past. My gal saved some seeds from some pumpkins got last year and tossed them out and here we are. We steam and freeze the pumpkin and mix it in with our dogs food and an occasional pumpkin roll. Thinking of canning this year.
The plan is to plant the whole section of yard behind the house as pumpkins next year and less mowing for me. I don't find mowing therapeutic like some.

Little baby with a dunce cap
PXL_20260917_190823157.jpg
I love that idea, I share your hatred for mowing! I asked about rain because there's some powdery mildew on the leaves but that's completely normal when it's been rainy. If you keep planting in the same spot it'll become a bigger issue years down the road but there's a bunch of organic treatments for bad cases. I'm jealous, last time I planted a pumpkin patch a moose cleared it out overnight!
 
Part of the issues we have keeping flowers and colors in our front yard is there are 10-12 deer that rotate though the neighborhood using out flower gardens a buffet table.
A few years ago we discovered deer don't eat coleus.
So we do lots of coleus.



20260924_135437.jpg

20260924_135442.jpg

20260924_135447.jpg

20260924_135458.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new