Lets see some Encrusters!!!

Bugsy_Barboza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are probably 2 that are the weirdest I have in my tank to me. This is wwc cherry tree monti. It has started encrusting over multiple pieces of rock and its growing downward but not encrusting but the forward growth encrusts. The monti on the top of the pic is reef tech starburst and its starting to over grow it.
IMG_3008.jpeg

This one is BC bleeding tree. No vertical growth its grown outward and now is starting to sprout some branches but the amount its grown out ridiculous. Thats a 1in frag plug in the pic. I would say 7-8in wide. Its trying to take up all real estate possible.
IMG_3117.jpeg

Nothing too crazy but both are interesting to me. Have a couple encrusting monti's that was just all over the rocks as well but didn't have a pic of those.

OP
OP
StarshipReefing

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are probably 2 that are the weirdest I have in my tank to me. This is wwc cherry tree monti. It has started encrusting over multiple pieces of rock and its growing downward but not encrusting but the forward growth encrusts. The monti on the top of the pic is reef tech starburst and its starting to over grow it.
IMG_3008.jpeg

This one is BC bleeding tree. No vertical growth its grown outward and now is starting to sprout some branches but the amount its grown out ridiculous. Thats a 1in frag plug in the pic. I would say 7-8in wide. Its trying to take up all real estate possible.
IMG_3117.jpeg

Nothing too crazy but both are interesting to me. Have a couple encrusting monti's that was just all over the rocks as well but didn't have a pic of those.
man that cherry monti is impressive its massive

OP
OP
StarshipReefing

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
74DA4CF2-6579-45CB-912E-B553C4BCF0C0_1_105_c.jpeg
Rainbow monti
9483CD83-80D0-4AB7-934B-B4E3F3780541_1_105_c.jpeg
Sunset

5268EC03-A1A4-4D89-B155-231D5F593944_1_105_c.jpeg
UWW rainbow sunset monti

These are old photos as I don;'t have any current ones available lol I have a good amount of encrusters. 1FFB5E3A-0D11-444F-BB7E-1D4D7CF763A1_1_105_c.jpeg
that rainbow monti is beautiful ive got one in my tank but only about half dollar size at the moment love your close up pics, shows awesome polyp extension

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that rainbow monti is beautiful ive got one in my tank but only about half dollar size at the moment love your close up pics, shows awesome polyp extension

unfortunately i had to kill it off but i think i have some frags of it floating around lol. Iphones take the best photos lol im too lazy to get the dslr out.

OP
OP
StarshipReefing

StarshipReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unfortunately i had to kill it off but i think i have some frags of it floating around lol. Iphones take the best photos lol im too lazy to get the dslr out.
ya ive got an old samsung 7 takes terrible pics, whenever i get to were i can frag mine ill be sure to get u a piece if you want

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back