sep122009tankpic5a.jpg

sep122009tankpic6a.jpg

sciknen

Merrimack Valley Hardcore
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think its because some corals like higher light than other.

Steve

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im really liking this thread!!

It makes me want to start on my frag tank project...now where can I find some money?

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few shots of mine.....40"x30"x9" Glasscages 3-side Starphire rimless. Plumbed into my main system.

IMG_6244.jpg

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6242.jpg

IMG_6239.jpg

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once again...im going to cry..ur frag tank is my favorite,because all of the chalices and leds!!!

BTW everyone my 40 gal frag tank should be here in the next 2 weeks, and then i can post pics here

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights/bulbs you running Craig?

I run a 10 bulb ATI Powermodule which is about 16" over the tank since it's so shallow. I run a mix of 4 ATI Blue+, 4 ATI AquaBlue Special, and 2 ATI super Actinics. I also have a 36" Reefbrite LED strip over the tank. In this picture, it is taken with just actinics and LED's. I typically do not snap pics under this lighting scheme as it doesn't give the "true" colors of what you would see in your tank (if you didn't have the same lighting setup). I took these pics a few weeks ago and I just happened to take them during this photoperiod of time.

I do have some colorful stuff in there, but the LED's definitely bring out more colors in the photos.

soccerbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I want.

Thanks Nano! I got my tank from GlassCages and it was surprisingly affordable. I, personally, would not recommend GC's for larger tanks, but they did a good job with this one. For those who aren't familiar with them, they are based in TN and they will ship but it's a lot more expensive. Instead, they send a truck around the country and setup shop at different cities on specified dates. You show up and pick up your tank. It's a weird process but it works pretty well. I had to drive about 1.5 hours to pick mine up.

If anyone has any pricing questions on what I paid for mine, please take it to pm. I am in no way promoting GlassCages by any stretch! But I think it's good for folks to know that having a frag tank can be affordable. Let's face it, we're all hopelessly addicted to this hobby ; )

Hope that helps.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back