Lets see those led with t5 supplements

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncfishguy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423711665.523812.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423711689.660176.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1423711711.992456.jpg
 
I modded an 8 bulb TEK light for my two Gen 3 radions. I run the Radions on a modified Radiant Color template from 5:30 am to 10 pm and the T5s from 12-4. I am absolutely in LOVE with the color I am getting. it is the perfect blend of the coverage of T5 and the shimmer and pop of LED.

20150201_151613.jpg
20150202_140638.jpg
20150202_140733.jpg
 
Razor with 4x24w T5. Haven't tried it with the T5's yet.So you have to settle for pics of the fixture. Oh, and it's going over a new tank, so don't mind the size compared to my current tank.

pQIavh.jpg


hX4w9B.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same to my razors I have one over a frag tank and one over my display. Have you noticed any improvements with the t5 and what reflectors or kit did you use. I was gonna add on maybe two blue plus or one blue plus and one coral plus.
 
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uxxIpw1XIAg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
3 kessils 360we
2 X ati 60" 4 bulb fixtures
Running 4 coral + and 4 blue +

With this combo I have all the adjustability n efficiency of standalone leds. I can control how white or blue I like with the leds thorough the day. The growth n color of my sps is very good. The pics look more blue than it is in real life. I took these pics with a note 3. The tank runs cool without a chiller or fan even in the summer. I have to use the heater ik the winter to keep the temp up.

I had the GHL mitras over my tank before this. Those r great lights but I like this combo of lights better. I still have the Mitras for sale if any interested.
This is so clean!!!
 
Reef Radiance Lumentek Pro240 with two Sunblaster t5ho (Coral+ bulbs) I love having a combination. I don't know how well it is working yet.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150618_140831_308.jpg
    IMG_20150618_140831_308.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20150618_140840_869.jpg
    IMG_20150618_140840_869.jpg
    946.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_20150618_140848_117.jpg
    IMG_20150618_140848_117.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 283

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new