Lets see your Centropyge pics

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious why would you put a great fish in with such great corals? why risk the chalices?

OP
OP
mpoletti

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just curious why would you put a great fish in with such great corals? why risk the chalices?

For me, Its because I first love is fish. I have a reef tank for the corals as well. Fish that nip a bit usually do not end up killing the corals, but luckily, I do not get the acan and micro thing. I like some of them, but since real estate is at such a premium in the reef tank, I stick to what I really like.

Last edited:

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i guess i would just stray away from the chalices if i had a detrimental fish though eh to each his own

OP
OP
mpoletti

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me TOTM what about you? You have a sweet collection:)
Trust me I wish they didn't like my chalices but for some reason they do:(
I even feed my tank 2-3 sometimes 4 times a day.

Maybe is a couple years after I upgrade again :lol: True that I like to collect, but your tank is very nice and has grown in very nicely. I think your tank should be TOTM until mine grows in :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
mpoletti

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i guess i would just stray away from the chalices if i had a detrimental fish though eh to each his own

True, but that is the exception. I have over 20 chalices and at this point of my reefing carrer, I needed to live on the edge a bit. I have spoken to a few joculator owners and so far Stacie is the only one who has shared this.

Stacie, did one of your jocs kill an interuptus? I think I remembered you mentioning something along those lines.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mark- I wanted to put my Interruptus pair in my 210 that already had the jocs in. I knew this could be a problem but I tried everything before I released the Interruptus into the tank. Needless to say my male joc was a beast. I honestly think if I would of left my male Interrupta in the tank the jocs would of killed him.

Nate82- I had my jocs in a 210 SPS tank with no problems. When I was lucky enough to come across my dream fish (Interruptus) I figured I might have some decision to make. Long story short I decided to put the jocs in my 120 LPS knowing they might like the corals and they do:) It is stange I also use to think I would never put a fish in a tank that might eat corals, I guess I just happen to like angels to much.

Mark as far as the tank growing in that is the problem we have no more room & there is still stuff I want...oh well guess it is time for another upgrade:) I would love to have a tank large enough to be able to have my jocs & interruptus together....hopefully soon.

Last edited:

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
racerw--- well so far she has been ideal. she gets along very well in the tank and doesnt bother any of the other fish. (lyretail anthias, midas blenny, clown gobies, bangaii). she spends a lot of time swimming in and out of all the holes and crevices and constantly picks at the rocks. so far she has been an angel (hehehhe) and hasnt picked at any of the corals. but i know sometimes they will begin to pick at things so not sure what i will do if that starts to happen. i guess it would depend on if she was doing any "real" damage.

revaltion131

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
racerw--- well so far she has been ideal. she gets along very well in the tank and doesnt bother any of the other fish. (lyretail anthias, midas blenny, clown gobies, bangaii). she spends a lot of time swimming in and out of all the holes and crevices and constantly picks at the rocks. so far she has been an angel (hehehhe) and hasnt picked at any of the corals. but i know sometimes they will begin to pick at things so not sure what i will do if that starts to happen. i guess it would depend on if she was doing any "real" damage.

Mine's been the same way so far. S/he is actually getting chased around from time to time by the fairy wrasse. I'm hoping this little fish is enough to keep him bright so I don't need to try to find a female. Here's a pic of my little argi:

723-8.jpg

theplatypus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine's been the same way so far. S/he is actually getting chased around from time to time by the fairy wrasse. I'm hoping this little fish is enough to keep him bright so I don't need to try to find a female. Here's a pic of my little argi:

723-8.jpg

EVIL LITTLE FREAKING BEASTS! :D

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I friend is holding my flameback right now while I transition back into the things:
pygmy_sideshot1.jpg

flameback.jpg

I also had a pygmy in the past who thought he was my black clowns mate. After some time she stopped paying attention to him and he became aggressive to her:
oddcouple.jpg

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love centropyges, I think putting a couple of loriculus in my future 50 Gal ..
For Centropyge Joculator, eats there corals?

Back