Let's talk Saltwater Ponds!

Forty-Two

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is someone here in Israel who created a 20 000 litre tank at the side of his house that powered by natural sunlight. He has to build his own skimmer etc to make it work.

MillennialReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think If I had a pond, which at this point would be the size of a swimming pool. I would probably just hire an aquarium maintenance service, just to save me the headache lol.

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just came across this by accident so I thought id post. I run Hong Kong reef club which is in the process of helping set up a venue to which we have access for club events.

The rooftop patio is dedicated to aquaponics, there are 2x 300g ponds, the plan is constantly changing and for some reason it's ended up with one being a saltwater lagoon. . Its intention was to grow various veg which apparently do well in saltwater, so I guess we have a saltwater pond. Kind of. Cycle hand been started yet and we've no real idea what we're going to keep in it, how is going to be heated in winter or chilled in summer .

We had a spare MH lying around so I hung that over it and it actually looks kind cool with the mangroves.

What it turns out to be is anyone guess at this point. He's a not so great pic of it from our last event.

Attachments

• 20211203_233214.jpg
    20211203_233214.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 72

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back