Lets Talk Substrates for the Marine Aquarium

1. Maritimer

Maritimer Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader CTARS Member Build Thread Contributor

Welcome aboard, ValiantJared!

I think that's the implication they make for Marine Pure . . .

I've got two of them for my in-progress 220 build, one of which has been stewing in the sump of the 65 for a couple of months now. (I may move that one to a 75-gallon QT, along with all my fish, as I've seen a few spots that might be ich - and I want an Acanthurus or two in the 220.) Once the 220 is wet, I plan on one block in the sump (high flow) and one hidden under the rockwork in the display as a low-flow / denitrifying zone. I'll let folks know how it works out!

~Bruce

ValiantJared likes this.

2. ValiantJared

ValiantJared Member

yeah since ill be working with a nano AIO tank there wont be much room for biological filtration, this seems like a good solution to the problem

Maritimer likes this.
  3. brandon429

brandon429 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

look how clean a sandbed can be, it makes an aquarium ageless to keep them this clean, 11 yrs in this set here

24 hours later
    IMG_20170213_153721691-picsay.jpg

Its cloudless, disturbing my sandbed yields no danger at all, no food for algae, no recycle risk yet it still assists in aerobic filtration capacity for the micro system.

4. Brandon3152134

Brandon3152134 Active Member

I have had this problem in fresh water and its probably to strong of flow, nitrfying bacteria bloom, or tiny bubbles you can't individually see. If its too strong flow turn it down. If its bacteria then I will go away by the time your cycle is done and if its bubbles then turn off everything in the aquarium and leave it over night. If you try the last thing remember your live rock because no flow could kill it but it should be fine.
    Hope this helps

brandon429 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted