Lettered Olive Snail on the Glass

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw something for the first time the other day. I got a lettered olive snail as a hitchiker on live sand from the Gulf of Mexico. They are 3" predatory (small clams on the sand) or carrion-eating snails. I'm surprised it's lasted with me a year; I assume it eats detritus and bristleworms as well.

It mostly stays in the sandbed. But, the other night, I saw it out climbing on the glass for the first time.

 
Last edited:
That's pretty cool, as long as you don't have clams :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new