Lettuce Sea Slug (Nudibranch) Not Doing Much...

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2014
Messages
2,130
Reaction score
1,049
Location
Gilbert, AZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a very nice CuC today from ReefTopia and am very happy with the order. BUT my eight lettuce nudibranch are not really doing much. I properly acclimated them earlier today and 7 hours later they were in the same spot I left them.

I grab them and they are responsive and start moving around on my hand, but when I place them on a GHA spot they just sit there and seem to sleep lol.

Well its light out and I have been monitoring the CuC. All the snails, emerald crabs x5, and various hermits are doing their thing, but the lettuce nudi's are just chilling still.

What gives?

lazy-cat5.jpg
 
Arent they nocturnal? I am probably way off on that, but I noticed mine more active in the evening hours. Don't forget, you can take a horse to a watering hole, but you cant make them drink from it...

... That applies to this hobby, too!
 
Arent they nocturnal? I am probably way off on that, but I noticed mine more active in the evening hours. Don't forget, you can take a horse to a watering hole, but you cant make them drink from it...

... That applies to this hobby, too!

Well this morning I checked and they seem to had BARELY moved lol. I know they are slow goers but come on! Yeah, I think my slugs have low IQ.
 
OK, but they don't eat that. Read the article
 
What do you want them to do? Sometimes they text but very slow. I wrote an article about them a while ago.

http://breedersregistry.org/maquacu...-slug-spawning-in-a-100-gallon-reef-aquarium/

Great article! I wish I would had read that before. Yeah my sea slugs are doing the same thing yours did. They just rest on the hair algae and seem to not do much. Atleast yours moved around though! I will feed them some cualerpa to see if I can rejuvenate their energy.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new