Level sensors - V1 vs V2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Can someone tell me the difference between Version 1 and Version 2 of both the Optical and Float level sensors?
I don't mean between an optical and float sensor, I'm talking about V1 to V2.
I'm thinking of upgrading 3 of my float sensors to optics that I use for AWC/ATO due to the issue of critters living on them and then having the floats get stuck.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
Can someone tell me the difference between Version 1 and Version 2 of both the Optical and Float level sensors?
I don't mean between an optical and float sensor, I'm talking about V1 to V2.
I'm thinking of upgrading 3 of my float sensors to optics that I use for AWC/ATO due to the issue of critters living on them and then having the floats get stuck.

I believe for the optical sensor, the difference is that the v2 optical sensor was designed and built such that you can mount it both horizontal and vertical whereas the v1 optical sensor was only for a horizontal mount.

As for the float switch, I have no idea other than a black wire versus light grey :D

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
V2 Float now has a black cable.
V2 Optical can be positioned vertically or horizontally whereas V1 was for horizontal mounting only. If you're already have the optical sensor angled fastener, you can use that for the V2 optical sensor.

The product page in the US shop helps you find the correct fastener:
1642787100961.png

Lucas815

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the V2 "better" than the V1 in any way, besides the optical sensor mounting position?

Back