leveling feet question

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All,
I just recently built a 48 x 24 x 33 stand for my frag tank. the stand was level until moving it to final location. I have tile flooring. Its a little off but not much. Do you think I should add leveling feet on the bottom? If so which ones and how?

Thank You,
Owen

Last edited:

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
I just recently built a 48 x 24 x 33 stand for my frag tank. the stand was level until moving it to final location. Its a little off but not much. Do you think I should add leveling feet on the bottom? If so which ones and how?

Thank You,
Owen
I would add shims to get it perfectly level.

I'm sure home depot would have something in the building section.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you'll crack your tile if you put feet, unless you have more then 4 pressure points on the stand to distrbute the weight, or its sitting on top of plywood. I assume thats a 150Gal tank, which means with stand and full can be anywhere near ~1800lbs.... on 4 supports thats ~450lbs on 4 legs. Depending on how large the foot diameter is, there are not many tiles which can handle that much pressure. Maybe some Comercial Grade High Traffic ceramic, but i doubt you have that.

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
you'll crack your tile if you put feet, unless you have more then 4 pressure points on the stand to distrbute the weight, or its sitting on top of plywood.
thats why i wanted to ask because i know tile can crack when a certain amount of weight is in 1 spot

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bad is the level?
I put SPC flooring pieces under 5/8inch plywood on hardwood floor because i wanted to protect it from indents and sractchs, and level it.

The laminate floor pieces are long, so you can have it go across the entire section and help distrubute the weight over a larger area along with the plywood.

But the problem is the laminate pieces are one size thickness, so its not as effective as a shim.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back