LF: Peacock Mantis and Warty Angler

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in search of male peacock mantis and a white warty angler. If anyone spots them at a LFS in Phoenix area please let me know.

I plumbed in a 40B to my 240 mixed reef so I could once again keep a peacock mantis. I would prefer a male, but no worries if you are not sure.

Also have a 40B refugium that I have kept anglers in before. This time I want to try out a warty angler. Hopeing to find a white 2 tone coloration that is at least eating live.

And to be clear these guys will be kept in 2 seperate 40B tanks.

Thanks

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club reef had a mantis last week. I messaged Andrew over there to see if he still has it. If not he goes to LA every week to pick up new stock. Check it out on Facebook.

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Club reef had a mantis last week. I messaged Andrew over there to see if he still has it. If not he goes to LA every week to pick up new stock. Check it out on Facebook.
Thanks for the tip. I will give them a call Tuesday when they open back up.

adrianr514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He just answered me. Said it was listed as a peacock but not 100% that it’s a peacock. Priced at $49.99. If you text the number to the store it’s his business phone and he will reply. Could possibly even lock into getting you an angler as well.

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew at Club Reef picked me up a very nice warty angler! So far so good as his very first meal was defrosted krill.

Unfortunately his mantis is not peacock. I believe it is a chiragra. Looks very healthy but I will wait for a peacock.

Angler.jpg

Angler2.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew at Club Reef picked me up a very nice warty angler! So far so good as his very first meal was defrosted krill.

Unfortunately his mantis is not peacock. I believe it is a chiragra. Looks very healthy but I will wait for a peacock.

Angler.jpg

Angler2.jpg
Very cool!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of Club Reef, is it a store front? When I did my aquarium search they didn’t come up.

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew/Club Reef is more of a fish broker than an aquarium shop. If you text the store number he responds pretty well. Tell him what you are looking for and he picks out the fish in person in LA and then drives back to Tempe. I picked up the angler at 9pm on a Monday night at Club Reef. My Angler is still doing great and already being shows signs he is hungry again.

I also have a 12+ inch blond naso tang I got from him 2+ years ago that was the fastest growing fish I have ever had. Went from 2" to 8" in a year.

Club Reef
Tempe, AZ 85282
(480) 465-3578

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. They come straight from the distributor. My angler was still in it's shipping bag as he has just got back from LA. I QT everything so not a problem for me.

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to get a female peacock from Live Aquaria.

Pics in mantis forum

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in search of male peacock mantis and a white warty angler. If anyone spots them at a LFS in Phoenix area please let me know.

I plumbed in a 40B to my 240 mixed reef so I could once again keep a peacock mantis. I would prefer a male, but no worries if you are not sure.

Also have a 40B refugium that I have kept anglers in before. This time I want to try out a warty angler. Hopeing to find a white 2 tone coloration that is at least eating live.

And to be clear these guys will be kept in 2 seperate 40B tanks.

Thanks
I saw one of these at KONA REEF is Surprise 623-398-8954

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of coarse it would happen that way. When it rains it pours.

Was just in there yesterday looking for cleaner shrimp. They where out of the cleaner shrimp too.

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of coarse it would happen that way. When it rains it pours.

Was just in there yesterday looking for cleaner shrimp. They where out of the cleaner shrimp too.
It is in the tank on the counter with the seahorse's in it and the mangroves growing out of the top.

OP
OP
Jayreefer

Jayreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. That is there pet warty clown angler. He is one of the reason I got a warty angler. He is not for sale. I have asked more than once.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back