LFS around Hawaii and Los Angeles

125tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks - I'll be spending the next couple weeks in Maui, Honolulu, then Los Angeles and hoping to check out some LFS. Any suggestions? Hard to tell where to go just based on google search. I'm looking for stores that have large saltwater selections of corals and fishes with reasonable prices.

Currently only have Harry's Marine Life in LA on my list.

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks - I'll be spending the next couple weeks in Maui, Honolulu, then Los Angeles and hoping to check out some LFS. Any suggestions? Hard to tell where to go just based on google search. I'm looking for stores that have large saltwater selections of corals and fishes with reasonable prices.

Currently only have Harry's Marine Life in LA on my list.
BUMP

you can look around, but I don't think youll be able to bring anything fyi

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill be trying to ship some of my stuff there eventually to our home but be careful, the fish and game there is pretty tight about what can be brought in, dogs, turtles, ec no snakes and especially fish and corals that they worry will become invasive. I saw the best stuff on craigslist while I was there to see what is available. I've heard many things get intercepted as they are mailed to the island, just like trying to bring a plant or even a sandwich with a tomato or lettuce on it when you board a plane

JamesZ.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Maui, just bring a little fish food, a snorkel, and a net. :) I Just came from there, snorkeling at Black Rock was amazing

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rainbow aquarium and pond has a good selection of fish
They are also about a guarantee to be disease carriers. Rainbow deals in Quantity, Not Quality. 20-30 boxes of fish a week.

I like the people that work there, They get some cool stuff in, Heck I was just there yesterday, But I would not buy any fish from them. I didn't have an immediate quarantine treatment tank ready for. Also double Dip every coral and remove plugs.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back