Lie to the post office

am07f

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OR just do what i do, print your labels online, and you check off that the items are ok for shipping. Then you just drop the package off at the post office no questions asked.

coralcrazee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell mine as well. I try not to lie at any time. :D

They actually like to chat with me about the fish and coral. LOL!

Same here, as long as you're not shipping anything illegal, its fine to ship most coral, fish etc. I'd rather they know what they're dealing with in case something happens along the way; at least then they'll know that this may be something that should be kept from sitting out in the mail truck or something. :neutral:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any .... even a slight attempt to Shake and Rattle this box of mine ... you're gonna end up with flat tires or worse even ... broken windshield .. get it ... GGggrrr :choler:

Just kidding ... :tongue:

Paul

OP
OP
akabryanhall

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if shipping poulty or other live/ perhiable items they want you to pay the additional $7.99 charge (up to 10 lbs). this way they will cover you if it dies and they al least try to deliver it instead of waiting for some reason.
526 Mailable Live Animals
"
Specific Requirements by Animal:
Goldfish
Tropical Fish

• Fish must be held in a securely sealed primary receptacle.
  • Primary receptacle must be cushioned with sufficient absorbent material to take up all liquid in case of leakage.
  • Primary receptacle and absorbent cushioning material must be sealed within waterproof outer (shipping) packaging.
Thanks Mr. Big!

nanodude87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like someone else mentioned I just print postage online through paypal and drop the packages off. They don't ask anything ever. Something I thought of to prevent leaking is I wrap the bags in a puppy pad (kind of like a flat diaper for puppies to pee on) so that any leakage is soaked up. ;)

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ship a lot of coral through USPS and having liquid in the box is not against the rules or regulations. I had a stamp made that I stamp all of the boxes with, LIQUID SALTWATER.
I am sure that I can find the rules about shipping live fish through USPS, its is allowed. The restrictions are that its sealed and not able to leak and, you are not suppose to ship the live fish on Friday and the package must be Express Next Day Service.

EDIT - Looks like the rules and regulations were already found..

waxy

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell them it's a snow globe.

Post Office : " Really? That's the 8th one this week! "

Me : " Ya, I have a large collection :)

*** Fragile, sounds like water, and considered a decoration :) ***

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell the USPS whats inside. I usually have to explain about the hobby and how i triple bag the items and how they survive just fine. They are usually more curious than anything else.

Now my FedEx office is another animal. If it has liquid they require doubles BOXES. Thats right. I tell them its triple bagged and they say oh you only need 1 bag, but 2 boxes. I try to find out how that makes sense, you know water vs plastic and water vs cardboard. You could do 80 layers of cardboard it still won't do what a plastic bag can. So now i have to lie to FedEx.

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tell the USPS whats inside. I usually have to explain about the hobby and how i triple bag the items and how they survive just fine. They are usually more curious than anything else.

Now my FedEx office is another animal. If it has liquid they require doubles BOXES. Thats right. I tell them its triple bagged and they say oh you only need 1 bag, but 2 boxes. I try to find out how that makes sense, you know water vs plastic and water vs cardboard. You could do 80 layers of cardboard it still won't do what a plastic bag can. So now i have to lie to FedEx.

Well the way I look at it is that it is in 2 boxs a styro box the a cardboard box ;)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back