Life after Vibrant

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i reluctantly tried Vibrant with disastrous results. In short lost most of my sps and am losing my euphyllia. My water params look good with Nitrate at 5ppm kh at 10, po4 at .1. I do have cyano now too.

i have done a few 30% water changes with little effect.
Is there something i can do or look out for? Just wait it out? Im awaiting my triton test results.
Thanks

Miller535

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i reluctantly tried Vibrant with disastrous results. In short lost most of my sps and am losing my euphyllia. My water params look good with Nitrate at 5ppm kh at 10, po4 at .1. I do have cyano now too.

i have done a few 30% water changes with little effect.
Is there something i can do or look out for? Just wait it out? Im awaiting my triton test results.
Thanks

More info is needed, size of tank, how long it's been running, equipments etc. And what exactly were you trying to treat?

Reefs and Geeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also would be helpful to confirm your tank size, the volume and type of vibrant you've been dosing, how frequently and for how long? It seems common for people to accidentally dose 1ml/gallon instead of 1ml/10 gallons.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant worked great for me and caused no harm to my fish, inverts, or hammer coral. Eliminated the Velonia algae that was taking over!

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used it 3 times, once cured all algae with snail deaths along the way, second did absolutely nothing, third crashed the system. Wish I could help but the only thing I changed in the cured tank was manual removed of almost all of it before vibrant was introduced.

jazonPartij

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had great results with vibrant. Only dose the recommended amount

OP
OP
A

austintylerl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a 20 gallon set up for two years. I didnt over dose but i did dose for 4 weeks to get rid of bubble algae

Whasmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this happen also. 1st time it seemed to help with the algae. 2nd time I started to dose it, it started to loose SPS - no other corals seem affected by it though.

Back