Lifegard Pro Max UV Mounting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Charley75
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Charley75

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2019
Messages
426
Reaction score
90
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this monster in the mail today. There are NO instructions regarding mounting. Can’t go vertical since it’s too tall. I’ve read where people say to make sure to avoid trapped air in the unit. How do you avoid this? Also, can you move the little mounts to different points on the unit. Pics would be great too.
 
That was my reaction when I got it in the mail too haha! I decided on not putting it in my stand and actually plumbed it behind the tank in the un-finished part of my basement.

For the air maybe prime it with water once its mounted and level? You have unions on the inlet/outlet that can be removed. I would recommend getting PVC reducers to make the plumbing 3/4 inch.
 
Wish I had a basement. Why 3/4”?
 
Easier to plumb it from the supply pump it my existing 3/4 inch returns. I wanted to make sure I had a closed loop since I read that was the best practice to get the most out of your UV.

Also I think you'd need a pretty beefy pump to push through 2 inch PVC
 
This is what I started with, made a few changes but it was a beast lol. Not sure which size you got but this is the 55W.

IMG_1699.jpeg
IMG_1700.jpeg
 
Mine is the 40 watt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new