Light fixture

luish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any have information on " current usa orbit marine led fixture " for saltwater aquarium . Does it help corals grow and is it worth buying. Looking for light fixture to help with my tank with corals Thanks for the info.

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard that they are not very good for corals . If I'm not mistaken they are only 1/2 watt bulbs and don't penetrate the water. I'm looking at the Reef radiance lumentec pro light.

Kelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have them and was told they'll work just fine for coral. I don't have any yet as I'm seting up the tank now, but I'll repost soon. The shop I use to by my stuff, the guy has been setting up tanks and running his own store for over 8 years.

bugarte

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any have information on " current usa orbit marine led fixture " for saltwater aquarium . Does it help corals grow and is it worth buying. Looking for light fixture to help with my tank with corals Thanks for the info.

I have those lights. LFS told me I can grow any kind of coral. Been doing research and found out that they are not good at all. Was told they are .25 watt. I just got
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1390220600.188070.jpg
I was told these are really good for coral growth.

McAllyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't have personal experience with them, but looked them up, and at .25 watt per LED, you won't have much success. The graphic they have showing PAR at varying depths is great and all, but it doesn't actually tell you what depth. Looks like just under water surface, you'd be pulling 400, then it immediately drops to 150 and down from there.

If you want the controllability with the remote, etc, I'd look at Reef Radiance, Ocean Revive, or Reef Breeders. Don't know how much you're pricing that Current at, but I can only assume you'll get less than you pay for.

Mac

definitionofreal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones on ebay work great. I've had 1 for over a year with great results. I did buy the ramp timer from current for my leds, it's pretty awesome.

sqcube4me

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been using evolution leds for some time now .. i dont trust anything like these in the pic above .. there are tons of sponsors on here that carry good LED lighting ..

OP
OP
luish

luish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the info really helped out alot .

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 72 41.4%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 37 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 5.7%
Back