Light for fragging (NOT frag tank lighting)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rakie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2017
Messages
5,567
Reaction score
17,040
Location
Southern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I the only person that likes to use blue LED light to better see what I'm doing?

I have a little blue LED bar, but thinking about getting something like this;

71X6UOT9FlL._SL1000_.jpg


That's all supposedly 450nm "Royal Blue", won't sustain corals but might be really useful for fragging.

Any other cheap suggestions out there? Not looking to dump more than $30 on a light just for fragging :D
 
I just hold it under my display tank light while I'm cutting it haha, but this is a great idea if you have a dedicated frag cutting area. I'm tight on space as is so I have to make due with what I have. :)
 
Do you use a magnifying glass too? I'm being serious.
 
Do you use a magnifying glass too? I'm being serious.
I've seen a Youtube Video or two where folks use those "Hobby Hands" with a magnifying glass attachment on them when cutting some frags:

61TdPDtHLjL._SX425_.jpg
 
I've seen a Youtube Video or two where folks use those "Hobby Hands" with a magnifying glass attachment on them when cutting some frags:

61TdPDtHLjL._SX425_.jpg
That's exactly why I was asking! I make my son wear safety glasses and I was looking for a hands-free option. Thank you!!!
 
Depends how and what you're cutting. A magnifying glass may be useful for dremel work with small zoa colonies.

Here's my current frag station.

DSC_0259.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new